CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 05, 2008

June 1st, 2008

Ryan just celebrated his third birthday.
Ry, you are becoming so independant. You follow behind my every move undoing work that I have just completed, insisting that "RyRy do it". You take on tasks as simple as opening your own door to more complicated things like fastening your seat-belt. You have to push your own shopping cart, throw the balls for the dogs, feed the dogs, put on your own shoes, unwrap your own gum and tuck yourself in at night. I'm trying to keep up with your fast pace, but you're growing and changing so quickly.

You learn so many new things each day. Birds, shapes, letters and numbers are some of your favorite subjects. You can count forward and backward (10-1). We sing the alphabet together every night before I sing to you "You Are My Sunshine" and "Do-Ray-Me". I often wonder if you will remember these simple things that we do together every day and night. Have you created your first long-term memory? I treasure the time that I spend with you so much. I find that the simplest of times are some of the sweetest moments of my life.

A few of my favorite moments which will, no doubt, be long-term memories for me are watching you interact with Markie, seeing how happy you make Grandma and Grandpa (both pairs), seeing your face light up when Dada comes home from a long day at work so that you and he can finally have light-saber wars, and the stories and songs that you and I share before you doze of to sleep. The moment that comes usually once per night when you tip-toe into our bed-room to crawl into bed with us is something I look forward to, even though it compromises my space to a whopping 6 inches of bed, you insist on snuggling so closely to me. Just to hear you breath and occasionally sleep-talk fills my heart with happiness. The other night, in a deep sleep, you said "get me gum". I had to open my eyes and look at you to know if you were serious.

Ry, I have so much excitement for your future. I know that you will accomplish amazing things in life. You are capable of greatness. I wonder what you will make of this world. You have already made my life so meaningful.

Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mama.



0 comments: