CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blankie



Although I have never encouraged the dependancy upon a blankie, Munchkin has developed one.
I noticed this for the first time when he began crying in the night. I picked him up and held him which is usually enough to fix any problem, but he was dissatisfied with my affection. He pointed to the opposite side of the room toward the rocking chair which had a baby's blanket draped over it. I reached for the blanket and gave it to him. In that moment he was as content as he had ever been. Taking the blanket from my hands and wrapping it in both arms, holding it tightly to his body as if to never let it go. He was quite literally absorbing the blanket and the comfort that it offered. Ever since then he has craved the blankets company on a regular basis. It is adorable to see him offering affection, but I don't know if it is healthy to love a blankie.
Perhaps he will have difficulty ridding himself of this dependancy. What if he is at college, about to take a chemistry test and can't find his blankie? He will be a nervous wreck. What ever will we do? I realize that the future of the world as we know it hinges on the survival of this blankie. That is a huge responsibility! I'd better find a back-up blankie.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to see this for myself. It's true! He lights up and smiles with complete happiness when he's holding it in his hands. Better get a couple of backups. I've started looking.