CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Summer Time



Munchkin, as usual, thoroughly enjoyed his time at the cabin today.

It is amazing to see how much he can learn in just one day. He dramatically improved his walking skills , prancing all over the cabin on foot. Yesterday his "all time walking record" remained at nine steps in any given time. I watched him go from one end of the living room to the other without hesitation today.

Munchkin is at such an important stage of his life, he is learning from everything he observes. He is a little sponge, absorbing information from everything around him. We have to be careful about what we say, he is picking up on more than I realized. Each time I drop something or make a mistake I say "uh-oh". Today when he lost his balance while walking he dropped to his bottom and said "uh-oh". His captive audience (Grandma, Grandpa and myself) all replied "uh-oh" and giggled with delight because he speaks! The rest of the afternoon was full of "uh-oh's" because Munchkin loved the reaction he got from displaying to us his new ability to communicate through words.

He's walking like a champ and speaking too. What more could I ask for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about an "A" in chemistry? He really doesn't get as much chai as you think. He chews the straw until it's flat so not much flows to his mouth after that.

Anonymous said...

It is neet to see how much the little ones realy do pick up on. Mr. Snuggler heard me blowing my nose one day, then I heard him make the same sound and I knew he was trying to mimic me.