CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 18, 2006

HELP! Please Read



Munchkin woke up with a rash on his belly and neck yesterday. His back was lightly affected too, but not badly. This morning his rash is worse and has spread to his limbs, it is almost as though I can see it spreading before my eyes. Munchkin had a tough time sleeping last night, he woke a few times fussing. He was fighting me when I tried to pick him up, as though he was in discomfort. I helped him by giving him baby tylenol. He isn't displaying any other symptoms like fever or diarrhea, so I am confused.

My initial instinct was to take him to the Dr.'s office or insta-care, but my parents and husband insisted that it is nothing to worry about. My mom thinks that it might be a prickly heat rash. I couldn't put my anxiety to rest and proceeded to drive my husband crazy.

I called the nurse at my Dr's office yesterday and was told that a rash can be caused by an allergy or a virus. We have introduced him to whole cow's milk and eggs within the past week. He has been on an antibiotic of amoxicillin, just completing the doseage today. He had a bug bite on his cheek a couple of days ago. It makes sense that it might be an allergic reaction to something, but what?

I am asking anyone who is a parent, has parents or knows a parent to give me some advice. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? What action should I take. Please Help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart to ask for advice. Erin's advice to finish the amoxicillin and take him off the other foods is correct. I'm sure you'll begin to see an improvement tomorrow. Give it a few days before you introduce one of those new foods again.

~♥Bug-n-Bear♥~ said...

To me, those sure look like the hives. Destiny has had them before from a food allergy. My advice is if your Mommy instinct is telling you something is wrong, ignore everyone and take him to the doctor. You'll be glad you did,even if it's nothing serious. At least you would know and stop worrying. However, if it is hives, you need to take him in immediately because allergies can be very dangerous. Ask his doc if he can have childrens benadryl... It really helps! Call if you need anything else, like I said, I've been through this.