CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Can You Say "Panic Attack"

I am still working full time at Dr. Smith's office, going on 10 years now. I have also taken on the task of a Physiology class and a Chemistry class. Both of these classes have labs which require attendance and account for about 30% of my total grade. It has been difficult trying to maintain a full time work schedule while attempting to obtain my required grades from these classes. Oh, not to mention, I have a little munchkin who desires just a little bit of time and attention too.

I recently spoke with Dr. Smith about taking one day per week off, in order to accomplish all that I am striving for. He was in favor of that, as he knows that I have been going to school for a long time and I want to finally accomplish some sort of degree. I also spoke with Marilyn, a co-worker of mine, the only other person who knows how to do my job, and she said that she would cover for me on the day that I was absent.

GREAT! This will actually work! I am elated that my dreams are becoming a reality.

Dr. Smith made an announcement yesterday morning to our office that Marilyn would no longer be working with us. "She has put her priorities in her daughter and family instead of in to our office. I had to let her go."

What? There must be some mistake. NO, this can't be happening.

Now I am forced to work full time and put school on the back burner. I wouldn't want Dr. Smith to think that my priorities aren't in order. I am so overwhelmed with the work load of all that needs to be done this week. I don't know how or when I will accomplish everything that is expected of me.

Suddenly my chest feels heavy and my vision is blurred. Is this attempt to better the future of myself and my family too costly. What do I do?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hang on by your fingernails, if necessary, because by working and going to school NOW, you are putting your family's future first. Keep the Prilosec handy.