CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For


Immediately following yesterday's post about not having enough time away from work Dr. Smith called me into his office. "Do you want more time to study for school and to spend with your baby"?

"Yes Dr. Smith, I do. It would be very helpful to have the ability to take a day off the week before a test" I replied.

"How are Tuesdays"? he barked. "Tuesdays are good, but this isn't something that I will need every week, just when I am up against a test" I said. "NO. This will be every week. Start training JoAnne to do your job". He shook my hand and dismissed me from his office.

In that very instance I realized that I was now officially a part-time employee. I will lose insurance coverage for myself and Munchkin. I think this is his way of saying "CIAO, but teach us what you know before you leave".

Oh, Snap! That is the "thanks" I get for ten years of hard work and dedicated, loyal employment.

0 comments: