CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ryan and Laney Sitting in a Tree...

This is Laney. She was one of Ryan and Markie's best friends in kindergarten. Surprisingly, she also applied and was accepted to the Mandarin program at Spring Lane Elementary. She and Ry have maintained their close friendship. We had Laney over for a play-date after school one day. I took the kids to TCBY for a frozen yogurt treat. It was a blast. On the way home I glanced in my rear-view mirror and saw Ryan motioning to Laney to come closer. Then closer again. Eventually she was close enough for him to quickly reach her with his lips and plant a kiss on her cheek. This made Laney blush at first, then she returned the gesture. Before I knew it they were exchanging kisses on the cheeks, foreheads, and lips. FIRST GRADE? I was not prepared for such acts of kindness this early. Don't girls have cooties anymore? I thought I had at least four more years before I had to worry about kissing. Kids these days!

0 comments: