CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

We're Lousy With Cat-Face Spiders

I call this one Vanilla Cat-Face. He hangs out on my Mom's back patio. These spiders are very cool. Sure, I would freak my freak if I found one crawling on me, but they are completely harmless to humans. They live their entire lives within a very small proximity, building and rebuilding their web in the same location each day.

I originally posted this shot of Chestnut Cat-Face a couple of weeks ago, but felt that his presence was necessary again.

Salt and Pepper Cat-Face is proving to be a very difficult subject to photograph. He is nestled within a corner and I can not get the necessary focus to shoot him from the back-side. I will keep trying.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, they really do have different color variations. http://www.royalalbertamuseum.ca/natural/insects/bugsfaq/jewelspd.htm

-Mikelle