CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 02, 2008

I DID IT!!!

Yesterday was a great day. It began by performing my final presentation for the Dental Hygiene program, my very last obligation in order to obtain grades necessary for graduation. After driving home from school I pulled into my driveway and noticed that the mail had come and was still in the mail box...
Let me side-track ever so slightly:
I haven't mentioned this, but I had been waiting for a certain piece of mail for two weeks. The results to my clinical board exam was here and just screaming "open me". I had knots in my stomach because I was quite certain that I had failed that exam. Not as a result of my own abilities, but more related to circumstances out of my control; e.g. having my first patient declined as a possible candidate due to insufficient calculus and my second patient having a condition called "mottled enamel" which provides rough surfaces even after two and a-half hours of scaling. I about died trying to get those surfaces glassy smooth, much to my dismay, they never arrived at that point. For two weeks I have been nervous about seeing that envelope in the mail, yesterday was the day.
So, I finally had the results in my hand. I wanted to open this in private so that nobody would see the look of horror, defeat and absolute sorrow on my face when I saw my results. I ran back to my dark garage and sat in my car (with shut doors) while I opened the envelope. I pulled out a thick card that read "Dental Hygiene Success Card". I read on and this card had MY name on it. I read it again, yes that is MY name. OK, what is the score? 90%! Holy F@$%ING S&*T, I DID IT!!! I passed, and not just by squeeking by, I killed that exam despite my many challenges.
So, that whole "passing my board exam" made me happy. Later that evening I went to my commencement ceremony and that made me happy too. All in all, one of the best days EVER!!!
Now I can get on with my life.
AAAHHHHHH!

4 comments:

maria said...

We did it! I am glad that you are back in the blogging world! It will be a great way to keep in touch! I will miss sitting next to you!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Tay! What a relief. Mikelle

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOOHOOO!!!! :o) Congrats women!!!!! C-

Virginia said...

What school did you go to?