CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Munchkin's New Word


One week ago-
I was sitting at the computer one evening typing on the computer. Munchkin entered the room in an apparent good mood and saw a roll of toilet paper sitting on the desk. With every bit of anger he could muster up from his little two-year old body he threw the toilet paper across the room and yelled "DAMMIT."

The Very Next Morning-
While sitting on the kitchen floor coloring, he displayed the same theatrical performance using his crayons.

The Following Day-
I was in the computer room while Jeremy was watching football in the living room. Munchkin approached me with a sucker, his third piece of candy in a half an hour. I said to Munchkin "You have had too much sugar. If you have any more sugar you will get sick. Go tell Daddy "No more candy."' Munchin walked out to Daddy and said "Dammit sucker, no more candy."

This morning-
I told Munchkin to come into his bedroom so that I could dress him. He entered the room and saw that his shoes were lying on the floor, directly in his path. He kicked the shoe and gently whispered "dammit," knowing by this point that "dammit" is a word he shouldn't say.
"Ryan" I said "Where did you hear that word?"
He gave me a look as though to imply that he would not be a tattletale.
"Ryan" I said "Was it Mama?"
"No" he replied.
"Was it Dada?"
"No" he said again.
"Was it Grandpa?"
"No...Grandma" He finally answered.

Anyone who knows my Mom will appreciate the humor of this story. Grandma, you really need to watch your mouth around the Munchkin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon...I did not teach him that. In fact, I told him not to use that word when I heard him yelling at the dogs saying, "Dammit, Paddy!" I said, "what did you say?" and he repeated "dammit, Paddy." I told him he had better not let his momma or daddy hear him say that word. He didn't listen very well.

~♥Bug-n-Bear♥~ said...

HA! Welcome to the terrible twos. :) But, you gotta admit, it's kinda cute!

Unknown said...

LOL! That's great! He's learning new words all the time. :) The funniest part... that was lil Miss Hanna's first swear word... we replaced it. :) She says "dang it!" a lot these days.