CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

When I was nineteen years old I made the decision to begin taking prerequisites to enter the Dental Hygiene program. Years of hard work and long hours studying and attending classes paid off. I began the Hygiene program today.

I have been so anxious and nervous about today, my big day. I have spent so much time wishing to be in this program and today my dream became a reality. I woke up this morning with a spring in my step as I was getting ready to begin this journey.

When I arrived at school all of the other Hygiene students were as confused as I. Nobody knew where to go or what to do. Eventually, we found the correct class room. Although we were in the correct class room, the lecture that I had prepared for was not being given. There was so much confusion and chaos to the first day of school.

The college hired a new program director for the Hygiene program and it seems to me that she let us down, as none of us knew where to go or what to do.

I was polite, despite the confusion. All of the students blindly lead themselves through their first day and will do the same tomorrow. I really am so excited to be doing this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you hear the cheers coming from Holladay? We are very proud of you for sticking with your goal. It's a wonderful career you are headed for and Dad and I couldn't be happier. Having your family live closeby is an added bonus! Work hard!

Anonymous said...

Taylor, we are also very proud of you. It's not easy going to school and also being a Mom. Both full time jobs. Keep up the good work and find time for yourself.