CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Double the Trouble, Double the Fun!

 
 
 
 
Having completed the summer semester, my parents decided to enjoy their hiatus from babysitting Munchkin and drive to Yellowstone. Babysitting Munchkin, however, is not their only responsibility. My nephew, Markie, also depends on their babysitting abilities. Being the best babysitters in town has earned them the official title of "Worlds Best and Most Loving Babysitter/Grandparents".

Emily and I know that our parents are instrumental in raising these boys. We also know that they are making a huge time consuming and life altering commitment. Without them everything we strive to accomplish wouldn't be possible.

Their leaving town earned me the official title of "Will Die Trying to Pull Off the Work of Grandma AND Grandpa". I had two boys, both about 15 months old. Munchkin won't eat and can't synchronize nap times with Markie. Markie is teething and running a fever which makes him super sad and uncomfortable.

Markie didn't feel ill until the second day into my babysitting duty. On Tuesday we were all still bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to face the world. My only problem was nap time. I couldn't leave Markie alone for 15-20 minutes while putting Munchkin down for a nap. I realized that the only chance Munchkin had for napping was in his car seat. I loaded two car-seats in my little, two-door Civic and strapped both boys down. I started driving and Munchkin's lights went out. He slept for 45 minutes. When he woke up we were at Brighton. I decided that since I had my baby back-pack with me we would take a leisurly stroll around the lake. We walked by carying one baby in the pack and the other in my arms.

The other two days of my babysitting experience were spent close to home to ensure a comfortable atmosphere for both boys. Both babies ate at the same time and had diaper changes at the same time. Munchkin even helped me give Markie a bath, which was cute beyond belief. Munchkin washed Markie's back while I scrubbed his knees and feet.

We had a lot of fun despite the difficult task at hand. Munchkin and Markie enjoyed their time together, they love each other very much. I was proud of myself having completed a job that initially frightened me. Yea Me! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

~♥Bug-n-Bear♥~ said...

Now aren't you glad that you don't have twins?

Anonymous said...

You make us incredibly proud of you for pulling this off. You also give us too much credit. HOWEVER, we happily take your compliments since they are so sweet. Yea You!