CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 16, 2006

My Little Walker

Munchkin has taken a hiatus from walking ever since his first step. He decided that one step was good enough for him, until yesterday. We were visiting Daddy, Grandma, and Papa at work when his thirst for upright mobility returned. He put one foot in front of the other without any physical help, a little motivation, but no physical help.

Today when I made my mandatory stop at my parents house, to satisfy Grandpa's craving for Munchkin, I thought he might brave another unassisted step. Indeed he did! He stood in the center of the floor for a minute or two, gaining proper balance, then off he went. Grandpa and I were sitting in the room watching the awesomeness that exudes from Munchkin. He took a step then two steps. Grandpa counted out loud with each step that Munchkin took. "One, two, three, four, five!"

After Munchkin's fifth step he quietly collapsed to his bottom, then Grandpa and I stood and gave loud applause. We were so excited, we ran to get Grandma. "You have to see this, come quick" we said.

Grandma came to see what was causing all the commotion, even though she hadn't done her hair yet. Munchkin repeated the awe inspiring event and Grandma too gave loud applause as though we had just seen man kind's first step on the moon.

It was absolutely delicious to see him walking on his own. It cements in my mind that my baby is becoming a little boy. Yet, another milestone!

1 comments:

~♥Bug-n-Bear♥~ said...

Yea Munchkin!!!! I'm so proud of you. Now life is really going to be fun! Good Job!