CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dragon Fly



The dogs and I went into the back yard to play ball this morning. I noticed a dragon fly resting on the patio and carefully diverted the dogs away from it. When the dogs grew tired of the ball game we headed back towards the house and noticed that the dragon fly hadn't moved.

I put the dogs in a "sit, stay" and got down on my hands and knees to examine the dragon fly. As I put my face an inch from the dragon fly a breeze blew its body towards me. A surge of adrenaline pushed my body back about ten feet, causing me to fall on my bottom.

It was then that I realized the dragon fly was dead and my extravagant reaction to the quiet breeze in our back yard was embarrassing and unwarranted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once found a beautiful yellow Swallow-tail butterfly. It had died so I placed it on a flower where it stayed for a couple of days. So fragile.

Anonymous said...

Wow Taylor! I've never known you to be brave enough to pick up a dragonfly. The Taylor I know would squeal and run away if I came too close with a salamander. She would brave it after a while and come and try to touch it, then the salamader would wiggle and Taylor would squeel and jump back. Things like that always gave her the hee bee-jee bees.
Love Emily