CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 10, 2006

A Little Stuborn


Munchkin has reached another mile-stone. He turned nine months old on March 1st and I wanted to document this properly. There is a lot happening to him at a very fast rate. He has six teeth and is as tall as an average 14 month old. I can't allow this to slip by with out ample photography to prove it.

We went to the local "Kiddie Kandids" today, located in the Cottonwood Mall in Holladay. I had to sign in, then wait about 30 minutes for a photo session. We wandered the halls and stores of the mall, looking at junior-high age kids and scrap book stores until K.K. was ready for us. Munchkin loved every minute of the mall. He was in a great mood. I had given him lunch and a nap before attempting to complete this normally easy task.

It was finally our turn. We pulled down the back-drop of my choice and put Munchkin on the table, the photo shoot was about to begin. The girl hosting our photo shoot brought out many props to inspire Munchkin. We had a football, soccer ball, basketball, baseball and mit, even a red wagon. Munchkin was unamused! He didn't even crack a smile. We put him in the wagon and he was fascinated by the wagon handle. I'm glad that he found something he liked, but a baby with a wagon handle in his mouth isn't great photography.

I was trying so hard to get a smile from Munchkin. I was running around the photo studio making high pitched noises and loud, flamboyant body movements. I played "peek-a-boo" and "tickle monster". Neither of those games have ever failed me before.

Kiddie Kandids is like a big fish-bowl in the center of Cottonwood Mall. Everyone in the mall can see in. I heard laughter coming from each person who saw my crazy dance...each person except Munchkin.

I left empty handed and sweaty. I was soaked as though I had just completed an hour on the eliptical trainer. We will try again tomorrow, until then...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He can be a very serious youngster when he wants. Great blue eyes. It looks like he's looking right through you. No secrets from this boy.